The extended version of the device is used for drilling water pipes through threaded boreholes and flanged gate valves under full pressure. The device can be used for drilling cast iron, steel and asbestos cement pipes with bimetallic core bits and PE and PVC pipes with cutters.
Drilling can be performed through threaded NWZ and NWZ/PE type drillings with diameters of DN32, 40 and 50 and flanged gate valves DN50, 80 and 100 with drills or cutters with diameters of 24, 32, 44, 73 and 89 mm respectively. All cast iron components are protected against corrosion with epoxy resin paint. The whole is contained in a capacious metal box.
- Due to different lengths of drills and gate valves the device is equipped with four stem lengths:
- stem length 585 mm is used for drilling through NWZ and NWZ/PE type bores with L1 length from 130 to 180 mm
- stem length 710 mm is used for drilling through flanged gate valves DN50 and 80 series 14 (short) with the length of the valve together with band L2 from 250 to 360 mm
- stem length 760 mm is used to drill through flanged gate valves DN50 series 15 (long) and DN 100 series 14 (short), with the gate valve length together with band L2 from 300 to 410 mm
- stem length 830 mm is used to drill through flanged gate valves DN80 and 100 series 15 (long), with a length of the gate valve together with band L2 from 380 to 490 mm